Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This too shall pass

I really don't like to give very much credit to any particular day of the week. In general. For instance, I've never been one to say Fridays and Saturdays are my favorite. In fact, I like to think I am optimistic in saying Thursdays are usually my favorite day of the week. Depending on the week. :)

And then there's Tuesday. Tuesdays have always tended to be my least favorite day of the week. However, this semester, I head to Oceanside every Tuesday to complete my clinical requirement for mental health. Needless to say, it takes all I have to make it.

But I hate being negative. Truly truly hate it. So, I have made a list of three reasons I like Tuesdays (at least the next 11 Tuesdays).

1. Excellent worship in the car for a full hour every morning.
A current favorite is Vicky Beeching's "Stronger than the Storm"
When we're soaked by the rain of sorrow
When we're battered by winds of change
When the world all around is shaking
and we're deafened by crashing waves
You are stronger than the storm
You are reigning over all
Faithful God you're always in control
You're the anchor of peace for our souls
With one word you can calm the ocean
Turning chaos to glass like sea
Speak unshakeable hope to our hearts
Be our fortress of perfect peace
We will trust in you.

2. 15 minutes at the beach with the Lord, His Word, and His creation. Blessed that my clinical is two blocks from the ocean.
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

3. I get to wear a jacket... because it's actually cool in the mornings :)

And now, 3 reasons I am thankful for this Tuesday.
1. Happy Elephant Appreciation Day!
2. Happy first day of Fall (I'm on a hunt for fall colors in San Diego nature).
3. Dinner at Claim Jumper with J, complete with mud pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment